Email me

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Benvenuti al Via Fontanelle! (Welcome!)

Today is a special day for me because my blog is being featured on my new friend Jenni's blog, The Story of My Life.  So if you're new here, Ciao!  And welcome to Via Fontanelle, my blog about the crazy ups and downs of our Army life here in Italy!  My name is Amy and as I'm sure you've already guessed, I am a military spouse living overseas while my husband is stationed OCONUS (outside the continental United States).

Steve, my husband, and I have been living this sometimes amazing but always hectic Army life for almost twenty years now and I guess we're sticking with it. We were married in 1994 and it's been a crazy game of numbers every since.  Here's a run down:


We have 4 kids: Tory is 15, Trey is 13, Jackson is 6, and we rounded out our family of 6 with Delilah who is 3. We've lived at 8 different duty stations, endured 5 deployments, and made countless awesome friends along the way. On our latest adventure, we arrived in Italy on December 1st, 2011 with our 6 family members, 14 pieces of luggage, 2 car seats, 2 cats, 1 huge Newfoundland, 11 carry on bags, and a baby stroller .  I am embarrassed to say, we pulled up to the Atlanta airport with a U-Haul and two cars loaded to the brim.


We've been to 8 (but soon to be 9) countries in our year and half here and are ready for more! It currently costs $251. 42 to fill up my giant American Suburban and recently, the Big Girl hit 100,000 miles.

(Have no fear, the engine light is on because I need a new gas cap, Daddy)

So please come join in our adventures HERE to see where we are headed next! We can jump on over to Venice for lunch and be home to meet the school bus! Arrivederci!



I'd love your vote for top mommy blog!  All it takes is one little click on the picture of the smiling momma below~Grazie~

1 comment :

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!