Email me

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Amber Waves

I see the tractors circling in fields around mine and I know. I know that they are coming like vulchers for the fields of wheat that I have grown to love this spring.



I can remember how my military friends who were from the Midwest would talk about the wheat.

Watching it grow


And turn from green to golden


It swaying in the breeze


The sun hitting it just right, so as to create its own sea of golden sunshine.


I will miss it when the plow comes, silly I know.


But those of you who grew up near it understand.

As I now do,


Just what he meant when he penned the verse 

"Amber Waves of Grain..."


See you next year.




I'd love your vote! And leave a comment below to let me know a little about yourself!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!