Email me

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Texas, I mean Italian, Wildflowers

If you've ever lived in Texas, you know exactly what the springtime brings: wildflowers...particularly bluebonnets. Springtime in Italy brings much of the same, but instead of bluebonnets, our fields, hills, and roadsides are blanketed with beautiful poppies!  Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, our house in very much in the Italian countryside, so I feel we are especially blessed.


 This is actually the field beside our house.  The front of it was filled with sunflowers last year





The view from our back yard with the river and castle in the background...see how red the field of poppies is! It's so beautiful to see this each morning. 


 Close-up of that field


 and of a poppy...I had never seen one before we moved here


 Delilah in the field of poppies


 It started to pour while I was taking these :)



See this little button down there...the one with the smiling mommy?  I'd appreciate it if you just clicked on it to vote for me for "Top Mommy Blog".  You can vote once a day! Thanks!  


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!