Email me

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Just Being

This was one of those fabulous Italian weekends where the weather is perfect and where you makes plans weeks in advance and then everything falls through due to some unplanned event.  It sound terrible, right?

It wasn't. As much as I would have liked to hang out in Florence with our wonderful friends traveling to Italy from America, our family just really NEEDED a break from LIFE.  Thankfully, the weather cooperated and we were able to spend some time outside before the weather turns nasty for winter. (It really, really does rain almost every day from October through May) The kids played outside, we took a Sunday afternoon drive (that really happened on Saturday), we washed a ton of clothes and hung them on the clothesline and on the clothes racks, and I shared wine and conversation with a new friend in one of my favorite tiny villages here in Italy. Living here in Europe is such an amazing opportunity, but it can be hard to just take a week off to let normal life happen. You feel as if you always have to go go go and see the sites and visit the places before moving back home to America.  The clock is always ticking--except for us, it's not our biological clock it's our travel clock! It felt nice to just "BE" this weekend....

Here are some "random life" shots from this weekend.
































2 comments :

  1. I'm totally with you, Amy, on the "normal life" weekends here in Italy. Sometimes I feel bad for liking them as much as I do. But, I really do enjoy just enjoying a slow pace here too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you, Amy, on the "normal life" weekends here in Italy. Sometimes I feel bad for liking them as much as I do. But, I really do enjoy just enjoying a slow pace here too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!