Email me

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Another First Day of School Post

In case you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, or have finally made it off of a deserted island, let me enlighten you with the fact that school has started in many areas of America! (And in our little corner of Italy as well!) Yea! Go teachers! Bless you for taking them off of our hands after this long, hot summer.  I'm sure after the first month of school, we parents will be cursing your names again over the reading logs that we always forget to sign, and the complex at-home projects like the DNA project in Biology and the map of South American from the southern perspective. But for now, we are uber-thankful for you! (I'm kidding here...we are always thankful for the fabulous teachers that our kids have!)
 
Here are the required pictures of my beautiful children holding their yearly grade signs.  If you are a follower of many blogs, I'm sure you are quite sick of these.  Sorry...

We can't help it :)

The thought that she will only be together with us for 2 more years before she heads off to college is hard to believe. It honestly seems like Kindergarten was just yesterday sometimes

Love this guy...he is NOT a morning picture and I swear, all of his first day of school pictures look like mug shots. 
So proud of how far this little guy has come!

Ok, honestly it's not her first day of preschool.  She started in the 3 year old 2 day program at the beginning of the school year last year and has now moved up to 3 days a week this year.  I am simply not ready to give her up 5 days a week yet.  So glad she'll be with me at home for another 2 years! Thank-you October birthday!!

The Brock Brats!

Our fabulous 1st grade teacher! i could not have hand-picked a better one! (And yes, I color coordinated their outfits)

Please don't forget to vote!

3 comments :

  1. Love the signs! Have you been doing this since the beginning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Can I tell you...I'm excited to be back at work with your kid and oh-so-ready for my daughter's teacher to take over!
    D
    PS. The eighth grader looks like he is barely tolerating Mamma with the camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to have kids and do cute pictures like yours! Hope all of them are having a great start to the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!